You have been at the keyboard for the last hour.
You have 10 different tabs open and are struggling to find inspiration.
Whether it’s inspiration to finish that report, write the next chapter of your box or add another pixel to the website you’re designing – we’ve all been there. We’ve all reached a point where we struggle to find inspiration and break the funk.
You might see some people constantly shipping content, churning out designs, projects and ideas and can’t help but wonder – Why them? What do they know that I don’t? Is there some kind of secret?
There might be.
Not everyone has a special sauce for how they find inspiration when they’re in a funk but there are definitely some tried and tested methods to break free. In this blog post, I’m going to share with you exactly how you can get out of a funk and find inspiration.
Here we go – 30 different ways to shake a funk and get inspired…
Before we get into this, I need to remind you of Unstuck. It’s a short guide for anyone who is feeling stuck in life and wants to escape. It’s a great book for understanding how to evaluate your circumstances and figure out the best next steps. Check it out.
Alright… Now back to our regular programming:
1) Spend some time on Pinterest browsing inspirational quotes.
2) Create a goal for yourself and write it down. Give yourself a time limit (today) to accomplish it.
3) Watch the latest GaryVee video.
4) Take a break for a couple hours and watch a movie or documentary.
5) Call a close friend and talk about things that have nothing to do with work.
6) Listen to the artist that always gets you fired up. I’ve built myself a personal Hustle Playlist – You can do the same.
7) Send your first draft to a friend or colleague for feedback.
8) Go for a drive.
9) Go make yourself a cup of Hustle Blend coffee and enjoy.
10) Take 15 minutes and meditate. The Calm app can help.
11) Go out and grab a bite at a new place – Try something new.
12) Read something that an industry leader or role model has created.
13) Watch a TED Talk.
14) Go to the gym.
15) Watch DJ Khaled on Snapchat and see what he’s up to…
— Kozza (@Kozza) December 1, 2015
16) Read a page out of the dictionary.
17) Read two chapters in a fiction book.
18) Remember that someday you’re going to die.
19) Create a list of the things you want to do today.
20) Draw a picture.
21) Go to a coffee shop and talk to a stranger. Awkward? Only if you think it is.
22) Write a full page about your thoughts in a journal.
23) Try to reach a new personal best for push ups.
24) Go for a 15-minute jog or a long walk.
25) Take a shower. It doesn’t matter if you’re dirty or not.
26) Clean up your office, workspace, kitchen or files (either real or on your computer).
27) Write a handwritten note to a family member, friend or colleague who has helped you lately.
28) Get some sleep. The more sleep you get the better you can perform.
29) Find a random craft and try to create it.
30) Read a blog post that doesn’t have anything to do with your work.
Are there any other ways that you can find inspiration? Did we miss it? Add it in the comments below – We’d love to hear from you!