We here at Hustle and Grind try to read as much as possible. Whether it’s books, blogs, articles, newsletters or our Chinese take-out fortunes. Inspired by our love of consuming all we can (lessons learned from Chinese takeout) we are putting together a weekly amuse bouche (sounds fancy) of what we think are must-read articles to catch you up on all there is in the world of Hustle. Read them all, Spreed them all or just look at the titles and get the gist.
- If your plans to go 0 to 100 on social media hasn’t gone has planned, Hustle and Grind’s co-founder Findlay Hilchie has some foolproof ways and great tools to turbo-charge your Instagram following while lowering your workload
- Stanford University made headlines this year when they announced they would make tuition free for students whose families made less than $125,000. Now the University has done it again, posting full lectures and courses online where you can learn how to start a startup from the comfort of your couch.
- Hustle and Grind contributor and owner of Halifax Paper Hearts, Stefanie MacDonald has shown how she built a thriving online store in 6 months, now you can check her out on Inc.com sharing her secrets of a successful side hustle.
- A new way to crowdfund. Now entrepreneurs and investors alike can benefit from new rules that allow for equity crowdfunding. This is a huge move, previously, equity investments were only available to accredited investors. Now anyone can.
- Learn three lessons from writing a (best-selling) book.
- 40 things I wish I could travel back in time and tell myself. (#41 – put big money on Leceister to win the BPL at 5000:1 odds. Trust us on that one.)
- Benjamin Hardy has 8 things to do before 8 am
- Jesse Itzler has one of the more interesting resumes we’ve seen. Starting as a rapper/songwriter in the early 90s, Itzler then became an endurance athlete, owner of Marquis Jets, co-owner of the Atlanta Hawk and his wife, Sarah Blakeley is the entrepreneurial mind behind Spanx. Check out Itzler’s story with James Altucher and learn his 6 simple steps to becoming self-made.
- Unsettle has the 2-step process for guaranteed success with anything.
- The team at Foundr magazine shares how they work.
- Also from Foundr, a little bit of an old school trick. Check out their Analog Methods for getting things done – superpower your productivity with pen and paper
- Ryan Holiday dropped out of school at 19 to work for companies such as American Apparel and authors ranging from Robert Greene to Tucker Max. Check him out on Brian Koppelman’s The Moment on why your ego is the enemy. Coincidentally, that’s the name of his new book.
- Content is key. Ross Simmonds shares five types of blog posts your audience will love more than Kanye loves Kanye.
Don’t forget a cup or nine of Hustle and Grind’s own Hustle Blend to get you through your day.
Video of the week. Sheryl Sandberg is Facebook’s COO, writer of the best-selling book Lean In and has an estimated net worth of over $1 billion. She’s ranked by Fortune Magazine as the 8th most powerful woman in business. Though she has many successes, she’s also dealt with hardships most specifically the sudden death of her husband in 2015. A little over a year after her loss, here is Sandberg’s commencement address to the graduating class at Berkeley on how to deal with hard things:
Check back on Hustle and Grind next week to see our picks for some of the best and most inspirational commencement speeches.
Have suggestions or an article you’d love to see on the Hustle Links of the Week? Don’t just sit there, let us know! We’re far from perfect, we try to read everything we can but we miss things from time to time and it’s why we need your help. So if there’s something you’ve written, read or saw Tweeted only to open and find the article a tad too long for your morning commute, don’t bookmark it, write to us! We love stuff like that, email@example.com.